Tuesday, September 21, 2010

new recipes!

Yesterday was Ben's birthday, and unfortunately I had to work, but we did make a run for some mexican food when he got home last night to celebrate! I am really starting to get used to working the day shift, and I am loving being at home at night with Benny! Now that I am on a more normal schedule, I am starting to cook more. It has taken me a while to get the cooking bug, and I am slowly learning how to cook from my sweet mother and friends who are constantly giving me great ideas, recipes, and websites! Thank you all! Here is one website that a friend at work told me about that gives you great recipes that are actually low fat! www.skinnytaste.com. I have made the White Bean Turkey Chili and it is so good, and even better the next day!

White Bean Turkey Chili
Prep time: 45 min
Servings: 12
4 weight watcher points

-cooking spray
-2 small onions, chopped
-5 garlic cloves
-2 tsp chili powder
-1 bay leaf
-1/2 tbsp cumin
-1/2 tbsp oregano
-2 tsp red pepper flakes
-3 lbs ground turkey
-4 (16 oz) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
-2 cups fat free chicken broth
-1/2 cup fat free sour cream

Heat large pot over flame, spray oil in pot. Add onions, garlic, saute 5 min. Add meat and cook until turkey is white (abt 5 min). Add salt, chili powder, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes and cook 2 min. Add beans, broth, cook uncovered for 10 min. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 45 min mixing occassionally. Add sour cream and cook 5 more min. Add salt and pepper to taste.

YUMMY! Happy cooking!

ET

No comments:

Post a Comment