Thursday, September 30, 2010

life is tough, God is good

A couple of months ago, my pastor encouraged our congregation to come up with a six word phrase that sums up who you are and what your life is about. He shared his with us, and it goes something like this (but he added a few words to his)- "Life is tough, God is good, we are all going to make it!" And I have somewhat adopted it for my life. I just recently moved to the day shift at work. It has been a tough change in some ways, but awesome in other ways. I feel that mine and Ben's relationship is better than it has ever been. It is so nice to get to see him every day! I am so thankful for that. As many of you know, I also work as a pediatric ICU nurse. It is such a rewarding and tough job all at the same time. The sweet smiles and perserverance of the children I work with every day is what keeps me going back, along with the great nurses that work with me! I just wasn't having a very good week, with work and school overwhelming me, and then I went on a walk this morning. I listened to K-love while I walked and I just felt God reminding me that even when life is tough, He is always good! I have am so thankful for my sweet husband, family, friends, and the unfailing love of Our Father!

Everyone have a blessed day :)
ET

1 comment:

  1. Emily! I just discovered your precious blog. So happy to hear that everything is going well for you and Ben! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete